Crawling and walking

I have a ten month old soon to be eleven months and she still doesn't crawl or walk. When I put her on the floor, she'll play with her toys. When she sees something she wants, she'll get on her tummy, but she don't get on her hands and knees. She will scoot her tummy to where she is going. She doesn't try to pull herself up to a table either. Should I be worried. I also have a 4 year old and she was crawling by 8 months and walking by 11 months.

erinterry81

Asked by erinterry81 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honey, My son was a 32 week baby, he could stand holding on to something and crawl....But if you sat him down---he would fall over....LOL.

Just give her plenlty of floor time, and she will do things when she is ready.

Then agian other mother I ASKED also said " HE HAS NOT READ THE BOOK, ON WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING"
    They do things when they are readt, honey....
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:29 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My first son walked when he was 10 months old and my second didn't walk until he was 14 months old and he did the same thing. He was really chubby though so I think that is why he never crawled. He was also pretty sick as a baby so I was really portective of him and never put him on the floor, so it was partially my fault. I agree that she will do it when she's ready, but you may want to talk to her doctor for peace of mind. I might be a little concerned that she doesn't push up on her hands because that was supposed to happen a long time ago.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My daughter was crawling at 6 months and running by 10... but some kids just do it at their own pace.. i wouldn't rush her.. she'll walk when she wants to
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Some babies never crawl, it isn't a milestone. Scooting is fine.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010