would u ever date anyone from work

there are mixed feelings about dating where u work but what is ur input?

Lele1987

Asked by Lele1987 at 4:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I dated someone from work but we worked at a huge corporate complex in two separate buildings. We later got married, It lasted a long time before we separated. I've since changed careers, mid life, and there's no way I'd date someone on the job. Work is kinda like your home, away from home. My personal life and business should be kept totally separate to avoid drama. It's very difficult to not have feelings, on the job, when you see someone trying to get close to your man.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Been there, done that DON'T DO IT! AUGH! I was really dumb, young and single when I first started working at the place I work now. I was ok for a bit but I started getting involved with men from work (and we have well over 1000 people working out of various locations). I didn't really "date" that many of them if you know what I mean. But involved is involved and now it's just damn awkward when I see them at social functions or work-related events...especially now that I'm married.... I did date one guy that I worked with on a daily basis....icky ugly break up and we still had to work together...we were professional but ouch it wasn't nice and it STILL isn't...

I often think to myself that one of the guy I messed around with or even the guy that I dated could be my supervisor someday....talk about AWKWARD yikes.

So I don't recommend it...in case you couldn't tell....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I dated a guy at work before. Now we are married with two kids and a dog.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm married to a guy I once worked with. It can work, but you have to be careful. If things don't go well, it can make things very uncomfortable at work. Don't treat it like any other dating situation; get to know each other really, really well before considering dating.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If u do it keep in mind the after effect if it do not work.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 9:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I dated a guy i met... 4 months after we met we moved out of the state together and a year after that we got married! LOL.. now 3 years after I met him we are married and Pregnant!! It was the best choice i could have made :)
    As long as, if things dont work out, you can both be civil and decent then go for it! Good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• yep... and then I married him and we have a son.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I flirt too much so no I wouldn't date anyone I work with just like in school I didn't date anyone I went to school with

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I've dated people I've worked with. Thankfully most of the endings were easy. But, you have to keep in mind what would and could go wrong if you didn't have an easy break-up because that is usually the case. You also have to take into consideration if you are the jealous type or not. If you are, then I would suggest not doing it. Course, you have to take into consideration if he is the jealous type also. There are just so many things that could (and usually do) go wrong when dating someone from your work place that I believe it's just not a good thing to do. Of course, if you don't see them at work all the time that could be a bonus...but remember, rumors have a way of flying and if you are caught even flirting or he is caught flirting it could cause big problems in the relationship.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 11:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• well i used to be my hubby's boss, when we worked together it wasnt good because i would see other women flirting with him and all that because we couldnt tell anyone, well then i got a better job i told him it would either make it worse because we dont see eachother and much or better because i wouldnt have to watch those women, we had our ups and downs but we are living happily together with a brand new baby girl
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010