I have no DR. 36wks pregnant what do I do???

I just got drop from my drs. office prenatal program for canceling to many appointments. Im 36 weeks pregnant and im self pay. I have no idea what to do. Should I try to find another dr? Its kinda late for that. I would just wait till I go into labor and go to the ER but will that be crazy expensive??? Please help!!!

winnee10

Asked by winnee10 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are there any birthing centers wehre you are? you could go there and use a midwife? ifyou are self pay, they are waaaay cheaper? the ER would be crazy expensive?

I used a birthing center and midwife and LOVED it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i know almost every doctor around my area will deny you once your so far along...i would call and just beg to be seen by the one that dropped you. If not then you are probably stuck just droppin in the ER
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• This is one of the many reasons why health reform is needed. That is BS, but yet again you shouldn't have cancelled too many appointments. I say get busy making calls. I'm sure you will find a new 1.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Why in the world did you cancel so many appointments if you are pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Did they warn you before you cancelled your last appointment? I don't know what to tell you, because you are so far along but you need to get on the phone and start calling around.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think i would go midwife on this one.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 9:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Im sure that there isa clinic in your area that will take take you.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Go to your local health dept and they will help you. In the future, take care of yourself by keeping your appts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If you show up in L &D in labor in Any hospital in the US they cannot turn you away. A staff doctor must deliver your baby. Not delivering it sets them up for a lawsuit as well as the hospital. So if you show up at the hospital that you were suppose to deliver at with the doctor you were suppose to have on duty he will have to deliver that baby anyway.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I just don't know how much I believe this. If a woman in 36 weeks pregnant, I don't know a doctor that would drop her. That is just too risky. Anyway, the ER isn't going to cost you any more than anything else. As soon as you get there and say you are in labor, they will send you up to labor and delivery and the doctor on-call will deliver you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2010