HELP!

I just realized that the hospital sent us home with 2 different types of formula. Enfamil premium lipil, and enfamil lipil with dha and ara with iron. The boxes looked practically similar, and i didnt notice so i have been giving my son (3 days) both formulas. He has been really hating to eat probably because his tummy is screwed up. Is everything going to work itself out as long as i stick to one kind now? Should i worry? He has already lost 8 oz. since leaving the hospital. I'm so worried, and i need advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Loosing that much weight is sooo very normal when bringing baby home. And pick one formula obviously. Without switching it. You should see changes in his eating within a week. As long as he doos pees and eats your ok. BUT remember, if you EVER have ANY questions call up the ped. Without a second thought. They have heard more questions than you could imagine. And they wont look down on you for it:)
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• yep, stick to one now that you know. As far as the 8 oz, that is COMPLETELY normal... it took my son almost 3 weeks to get back to his birthweight
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Losing weight after the baby is born is super normal. The baby will lose at the most a lb or two, then as he eats more regularly he'll gain it back. It isn't because of the formula. Stick to one formula from now on, now that you've realized you've been giving him different kids. His body will go back to normal after a couple of days.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Babies often lose weight the first week or two. As for the formulas... stick to one. The biggest difference is that the PREMIUM lipil has prebiotics in it and those help with digestion. That's what I use now. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 5:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010