Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't I heat cookies in my Microwave? Help!

We can't warm cookies in my microwave! They spark, ignite & make a Awful Noise! We had a Awful Meal last night it was all thrown out! So I tried Microwave popcorn. Again the microwave made this Scary,, I'm going to Blow up sounds!! Any clue why? Any one else experience this in microwaves? Having had one since 1979. I don't know why this does this. Do you? This one is aprox. 7 years old. A Emerson.

Answer Question
 
Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:34 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 21 (11,804 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • ugh it probably needs to be replaced. is there a peice of metal in it that you overlooked?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Sound to me too that there is metal showing in it. Is the paint coming off inside? Maybe time for a new one?
    QandA

    Answer by QandA at 10:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Time for a new microwave.
    Ours started doing that when the paint began to peel under the wheels of the turntable. Eventually it went ballistic with arcs of electricity all over the place and then died.
    justanotherjen

    Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • sounds like metal is showing and you need a new one
    Zacherysmommy08

    Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Don't use it any more. You could start a fire. Go get a new one, just what you want to buy after the expense of christmas!
    mompam

    Answer by mompam at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I would most definetly replace it. Walmart and Target both have very affordable ones. Good luck!
    itsjaimiehere

    Answer by itsjaimiehere at 2:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I concur with all the previous responses.....time for a new one.

    A tip for warming cookies that we found best once you get a new microwave......place a damp papertowel over them so they stay moist.
    PrydferthMenyw

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • No your microwave is not broken and no you didnt leave metal in there. It has to do with the way the waves interact and they are conducting as they would do if you put grapes in them. I have been able to reproduce this with other chocolates in multiple brand new microwaves with zero metal and have never damaged the microwave.
    cassycan

    Answer by cassycan at 2:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN