how do I get my husband to understand how important it is for me , that he doesn't talk about his family , when it's nobody.?

There are times When I don't want anybody to know something , And then I find out my husband said something later, I really need him to stop because he exagerates the stories. a little too much. any advice here on this?Really thanks if you can help me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I have found that men are like kids, you have to tell them what happens in our house stays in our house, we do not need to be telling people (friends or family) what goes on in our house, it is our personal life. DO NOT tell other people what goes on in here!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You may have to tell him each instance that you don't want something discussed he may think it isn't a big deal where you do you need to make sure he knows you feelings on each topic.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My mom used to say "Don't say anything that you don't want the world to know". Just keep some things to yourself or write it in a journal.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Some people just can't help themselves, on talking and exaggerations.
    If it's situations that he has to be told about (such as financial, sexual, kid related etc) then there's not much you can do. So many people do the whole "but this is between you and me" thing and of course with each new person that hears it, it's "just between me and you".
    I feel really bad for you because some people are just more private, and I'm guessing you are one of them. The only way to counteract his exaggerations is to give your side of the picture, or to flat out tell them "you know how he exaggerates, so, if you have any questions about it or it sounds a bit off, just assume that's because it is".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• this is very accurate of men........ across the board. I know any male in our family, or friends fathers, or any cousin, classmate, it's all the same, and for the very first replier to this answers/ q. it's exactly true to the "t". You have said it perfectly. Men are just like little children,............... don't ever, ever, tell them something that you aren't comfortable hearing about later. And .............

Oh well, that's just proof that we are the more discreet species of the 2 !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• well, ... that is for those discreet type female mature types who know how to keep their mouths shut and BE discreet ( lol )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2010