how much does international adoption cost?

just curious. both my hubby and BIL are adopted privately so i know around how much that is how that works- but i want to adopt internationally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Adoption

• I think roughly $30,000.00 with travel & living expence. Friends had to stay for 2 weeks before coming home with babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• It depends on the country program...
    Every program and agency is different in regards to costs and services.
    We adopted from China, stayed in country 17 days, round trip flight, 2 hotels, food for 17 days, transportation, tours, and all paperwork for adoption- our total costs were approximately $26K. Russia is $40-$55K, and other countries have different costs. You just have to pick an agency and country and do some research. It is too broad of a question since it varies.. Pm me if you have any questions.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• we were thinking eastern european or russia.
    Anonymous

• Russia is one of the most expensive countries to adopt from, however, international adoption can be as little as $16,000 on up to $50,000
    Anonymous

• Just wanted to mention that foster care adoption is virtually free, and most children are eligible for post-adoption subsidies, as well as the Federal Adoption Tax Credit (even if no costs were incurred).
    ForeverMom05

Answer by ForeverMom05 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• It depends on the country. I would love to help answer these questions.Please contact me on here.
    ameliasmama1026

Answer by ameliasmama1026 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010