Do you believe in karma?

Do you think karma actually exists, or is is something made up by a parent a long time ago to make the kids behave?
If you do believe in karma which effects karma more, motive or action? For instance if you do the right thing but your motive is bad does that create bad karma? If you do a bad thing but your motive is good how does that effect karma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sure hope there is such a thing as karma. I know someone that I would love for karma to take a bite out of!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I am not sure how much I believe in Karma. I'd like to believe in it, since some people are so nice and some so mean that it would seem fitting that they get what they deserve, or what goes around comes around as the saying goes. I think that it is possible that our behavior and intentions draw certain energies toward us and that a person with bad intentions draws bad energy.

Answer by Bmat at 11:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I believe in Karma. It's also Biblical.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think it's a nice thought—you want to think that people who behave badly will get theirs in the end, but I think it's a childish hope. Some bad people will be rewarded heavily, some really kind people will have nothing but bad luck.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:29 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• It's bad JuJu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm a true believer in what goes around, comes right back to you 10 times worse. I've seen it happen to so many people in my life. I try to do right by people and treat them the best i can, but the majority of people I've seen experiencing karma are men who cheat on their wives. I see most of these men lose everything due to their infidelities. What is in the dark, will always come to the light, eventually you will pay.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Karma is a religious concept that refers to actions and intentions in this life having an impact on the next life. Parents didn't make it up. It is in mentioned in religious texts in nearly all of the major religions. People who do not believe in a next life need not worry about it. Karma isn't "instant."

For people who believe in reincarnation, karma dictates what type of vessel they will enjoy in the next life. Someone like Hitler would become a tapeworm, while someone like Mother Theresa would be sent to join the ascended complete spirits.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• A tapeworm, where do you you get this stuff?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Hitler= Tapeworm = crap eating parasite that everyone wants to kill.... not a big logical leap, I thought.

Hindu karma does include people being reincarnated into animals.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Hitler, a tapeworm? ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. And yes I believe in karma. Do good and good will come to you. I tell my girls the world has a way of getting around. In a way to me, its the same as, treat her how you want to be treated.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010