I think my dog ate my wedding ring.

This could have happened from a week ago to two. Has anyone had this happen. I haven't seen any signs of him being sick, etc. Would a metal detector detect white gold? This is awful. 8 grand down the drain. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pets

• Omg!!!! But if he did he will or did poop it. Sorry if that happened ouch....I hope you find it
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 11:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'd go get him an Xray. It'll show up if it's still in him. The vet will tell you to wait it out on his poop. Canned pumpkin will speed up the digestive system. Dogs with constipation are given canned pumpkin-- not pumpkin pie mix. Mix it with his food and that will make him poop more frequently and larger. If he is on a special diet for kidney or urinary tract health, ask the vet first.

The drug store sells boxes of latex gloves.

If he only goes in your yard, a metal detector will beep for white gold. A metal detector won't detect it if it's inside his body.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I agree with the pp - take the dog to the vet and get an x-ray done, and see what the vet recommends as far as getting the ring back.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If the dog ate the ring a week or two ago it would have already passed or you would have already seen signs that something was wrong with him. But it might be a good idea to take him to the vet and have x-rays done just in case because it is still possible that the ring got stuck on something. Most of the time with small things they can pass them pretty easily but i have seen some pretty odd things that have been removed from a dog after an exploritory was done.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i'd say take him to a vet and get an xray... if that comes back neg.. walk around the yard with a hose and hose down any dog poop and see if you see anything.. i guess a metal detector would work too.. but i hope you find it and guess what!! when you do it will be the shiniest piece of jewelry you've ever owned!!!
    Magouirkmandi

Answer by Magouirkmandi at 3:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2010