I think my dog ate my wedding ring.

This could have happened from a week ago to two. Has anyone had this happen. I haven't seen any signs of him being sick, etc. Would a metal detector detect white gold? This is awful. 8 grand down the drain. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Examine the poop. He wouldn't get sick. He'd just poop it out. Not bashing but 8 grand ring is a large investment to just lay around so a dog can get. I am sure there is insurance on it so be more careful with the next one. If you don't have insurance on the ring itself then your homeowner's should cover it. It's gone. You don't know the dog ate it. Maybe someone stole it. Just a thought, if you don't wear it you might think of investing in a small but secure safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Your ring should pass in the poop.  However if this happened a week or two ago then the ring has probably already passed.  You could take the dog to the vet and have x-rays taken.  If the ring is anywhere in his digestive tract, it will show up.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Wait until he poop it out, or he may never poop it out, who knows!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• thanks everyone. this dog is a new dog we rescued from poodle rescue about 5 years old (standard poodle) and has been here about 2 months. he didn't show some of his bad habits until recently. i always have put my rings on my dressor. he must have stood up there and got knocked them off when he stole a bowl of food i had up there. i am about to search the yard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Ohhhhh NO! Bad doggie bad! Well cant blame em though, sparkly, expensive, and mmmmm yummy. lol. I had a dog that would eat my bras, and not once did she poop out the clasps from the backs.... Wonder if a huge diamond rock would be the same??? Go scavaging in your back yard through the doo doo. Should have already.... If you dont find it, ha blame it on the dog....
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• More than likely he will poop it out...like when my daughter ate a quarter.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My dog ate my wedding set once (years ago, my first set, not expensive) I had to follow him around the yard for 4 days till he passed them. I'm afraid you'll have to go check the "cookies" he's left in the yard.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• omg. if my ring had cost 8 grand, i would have it padlocked to my finger. good luck and thanks for the laugh. (not trying to be mean just saying, i laughed.)
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2010