Have you noticed that many of the teen girls that dress like tramps have large moms?

I am not saying this to call people fat, bla bla bla. But I have noticed this from girls my own son goes to school with. Why is it that these moms feel it's ok to let their daughters dress like this, it is as though they allow this because they have low self esteem about theirself and like their daughters getting attention.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am not skinny by and means but I am not over weight either. I have seen skinny moms that share clothes with their daughters. I couldn't say that skinny moms let their daughter dress like tramps. Would that be fair? I do know some moms (more then a few) that wear tight jeans and share them with their daughters. I haven't notice that it's just fat women. I think it's women that aren't focused on what's the best lesson to teach the daughters. That could mean black, white, skinny, fat or anyone that don't think it's of importance. I personally don't like everyone dressing the same my daughter and I find things that we like not b/c we seen someone else wear that. Her pants aren't tight and her skirts aren't up to her thigh and she looks pretty.(nothing just b/c I am her mom) I think girls should dress a certain way b/c of self image and respect and not to mention the sick people that walk around looking at our children.
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 3:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• The heavy moms may be letting the daughters dress like that because they wish they could pull off those trashy outfits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• LOL..oh my goodness...all the big ladies will attack you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure your theory is valid. How many trashy dressing girls were in your study group for this experiment? I've seen trashy dressing teens with moms who were skinny. I agree with the low self esteem possibility but not sure the weight is a direct correlation of how their teens dress.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• There have been real scientific links made between education level, income level, and obesity. Education level and income level are clear predictors of developing diabetes in the US. Maybe they don't know better? I've noticed the same thing where we live.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• No I haven't noticed that they are from larger women the ones I see dressing like that have moms that dress like that too
    Anonymous

• I'm heavy and my 16 year old doesn't dress like a tramp. Must just be in the inbred town you live in.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Here it is quite the opposite. The trampy dressing girls have moms who dress the exact same way.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I work in a clothing store and I agree Onetoughmami. The trampy girls have trampy moms. No matter what size they are.
    Anonymous

• I think it more than likely has to do with the fact that those mom's don't have control over their children. The weight issue that you are noticing is probably just a coincidence.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 12:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2010