Birthday Slumber party for 8 yr old

My dd will be 8 soon and wants to have a slumber party. I told her fine but it's only going to be 2 girls that's it.
So what should we do for the party? Watch movies, make overs ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had a slumber party book and let someone that was having a slumber party borrow it and didn't get it back! Thanks for the reminder, I will be asking for it back today! :) Crafts are always fun. decrorating cooking or cupcakes. Playing games. Making each other gifts. I usually do the movie at the end of the night so they can fall asleep in their sleeping bags during the movie b/c I wore them out so. I once let them all make their own small pizza I put them in the oven and they ate them for dinner. I have a great recipe for playdough that is a great hit b/c they play with it for a while after it's done. Find thing to keep them busy and remember that their attention will not focus on things no longer then about 30 minutes. So make your schedule in 30 divisons. And if something last longer great. And if something doesn't last as long that's okay too. Coloring or painting can always make the difference. Always have a plan B.
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 3:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• What does your daughter like to do with her friends? If they aren't into nails and makeup, then movies and popcorn or board games and snacks would be good. If they're into playing video games you could incorporate that into it. If they like to cook or bake, you could make pizzas and make cookies.

Have fun with them :-)

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 12:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I didn't let my daughter paint her nails at 8 but some parents don't mind. Making jewlery it a good one too. Allow your daughter to come up with a few ideas just to give you and idea.
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 3:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• decorate pillow cases.
    dance off.
    toilet paper the siblings room (make sure they know its coming and are ok with it)
    make your own pizza
    shrinky dinks (kids LOVE this)
    Anonymous