Is anyone so tired but they are waking up at 4 and cant go back to sleep?

I am almost 6 weeks but I go to bed at 10 or 11 and wake up at 4 and cant go back to bed, I dont think something is wrong just wondering if i am the only one. I dont remember this with my first daughter

MrsCrain0409

Asked by MrsCrain0409 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have heard people complaining of this, not pregnant people, though. If you aren't finding that you get enough sleep, even with naps if possible, then try some relaxation exercises as you lie in bed. Make sure you are comfortable. Progressive relaxation: this involves concentrating on relaxing each part of your body from the toes up. Taking great care to not let the mind wander, and to relax each part and then check though. Relax your toes, relax the soles of your feet, the tops of your feet, the sides of your feet, your heals, your ankles, the back of your legs... and so forth. And every so often you check back through- are my feet still relaxed, etc. This exercise not only makes your body relax, which will be helpful even if you can't sleep, but it makes your mind focus, which may be a reason for lack of sleep. Breathe slowly and relax when you exhale.

Answer by Bmat at 12:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm 12 weeks and have the same problem when I'm pregnant. I can't ever sleep very long, just have to take a nap in the middle of the day!

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• ooo ME ME! you are not alone
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 5:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• That is exactly me! I always wake up around 4 or 5...but sometimes I do go back to sleep after and I do nap every single day...I am 15w 2d and busy with a very active toddler.
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 8:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010