Special Dinner for a 3 yr old?

I'm wanting to make a castle cake (bought a kit) and I made ice cream. Now I need a special meal that might appeal to a nonpicky 3 year old. Any suggestions? It's just going to be family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• is there a specific food your child really loves? I say if so make that.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My son is 3 and eats ANYTHING. But he really loves pasta. (he likes the Wiggles). (Shaking my head) There has to be something that your child ask for often. If I ask my son what's for dinner, I can tell you now he'll say pasta and salad. I was teaching him the Lord's Prayer the other day and when I got to the "our daily bread" part, he looked at me and said, "um that sounds good." So, is there any type of food that he/she talks about?
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 2:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Nope. I asked her and she said she just wanted cake. Maybe I'll make her hot wings. She likes that.
    Anonymous

• I was going to say homemade mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. I have a 3 yr old in my class that would ask for muscles and couscous. I kid you not!!! Her dad is an executive chef and she loves "strange" foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad is always a hit with most kids. Just pick what his favorite food is. My oldest daughter loves chicken and fried rice, my youngest loves mac n cheese, chicken, green beans and broccoli. I fixed those for their birthday last year. They will get to pick their birthday meal every year. (DH too!)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My daughter rarely gets mac and cheese with chicken nuggets. if I do make it it's sually with a lot of different cheeses besides cheddar. We've always eaten really spicey foods...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2010