Autism - MMR Vaccine, do you really blame it?

Do you blame MMR for causing Autism? How about those NON-Vaxing Moms that has little ones with Autism, how do you explain that? Do you think Autism is Genetic and Enviromental? If you vaccinate your child with the 1st MMR Vaccine and all is well, do you think a 2nd MMR shot will cause Autism? Other words can the 2nd shot of MMR cause Autism if nothing happend the first time? Do you think Mothers are looking for someone and somthing to blame for what happend to the little ones? If your little ones has Autism, How? What caused it? At what age was your child diagnosed or when did you notice signs of Autism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• The MMR does not cause autism. The research that claimed there was a link has been shown to be fatally flawd and the doctor who lead the research is under investigation for misconduct. Other researchers have investigated a possible link and have found none and there has been no supported hypothesis that could explain just how the MMR could cause autism. There was actually a hearing looking at the evidence for and against an MMR/autism link and it was quite clear that the evidence does not support a link. (Autism MMR Vaccine Cases Decided: No Link Shown)

Anonymous

• I don't believe that it's caused by ANY vaccines...
    Anonymous

• I believe the vaccines can open up a window to autism in some children. Certain meds will do this as well for seizures, therefore, I strongly think vaccines do the same for autism.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I believe it can lower their imune system dramatically and make them succeptable to the very diesease that is trying to be protected against. Furthermore these dieseases only exist in very RARE cases. My daughter had all immunizations and was fine. My son had his first round and they attacked his immune system so bad that we almost lost him, had I allowed it to continue, he would not be here today. He is not autistic. I do believe that there is a link to autism with immunizations, and until you start keeping your mouth shut and look at ALL of the resourses available you will not fully understand the harmfullness of it. Just look at the ingrediants then deside, but I would rather keep the raw internal parts of other animals out of my children!
    Also autism in children that have not recieved immunizations,,,BAD BREEDING! My sister and her husband may be in love, but lets face it some people should NEVER reproduce....
    Anonymous

• My neice is 3 and acts like she is barely 1 year old. Never had immunizations, but there is something wrong, everyone knows it, but her mother won't get her checked.
    This is too controversial, do your research before you try to start a fight!
    Books by Robert Mendlesohn are highly reccommended!
    Anonymous

• Oh brother, not this again!? Give it a rest already, people!
    Anonymous

• There is no one single cause for autism - If a child is genetically pre-disposed to develop the disorder, then he or she could develop it under the right conditions, be that illness-induced, vaccine-induced, allergy-induced, etc.. So yeah, vaccines can trigger its development, allergies can trigger its development, illness can contribute to its development, and on and on and on and on.....We, as non-scientifically trained individuals (parents or otherwise) are not going to solve this particular mystery of the universe by debating it over and over and over, ad nauseum. So, as the pp said, "give it a rest people", get on with your own little lives and leave the parents who actually have the children with autism to raise them in peace believing whatever they want to believe for their children.
    Anonymous

• no. My son is who is by nature not chance. It believe it is genetic.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Autisim is a genetic disorder. A child has to have a genetic predisposition in order to develop Autisim. It could be affected by environmental issues. Vaccines do NOT cause autisim. Like other posters have said, GIVE IT A REST!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm the one who made this post. First of all I am NOT going to give it a rest! This is my first time asking these questions, and I am in search of answers from Mothers thats been through this. This is how everyone learns, by asking questions. So you all need to back off. If you have a problem with my questions, then don't answer it. That simple! Thanks to the other moms for giving me your storys.
    Anonymous