Great Family Vacation you went on?

Where did you go with your kids and have an amazing time? I'm looking to take the two kids away before #3 comes. My son is 11 and my daughter is 15 months. Looking to have a blast, since it will be our last for a couple of years!

Quiggs

Asked by Quiggs at 1:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Travel

• we took our at the time 12month old and 2yr old to Dollywood...they had a blast! there are no height restrictions on the majority of the rides, as long as they sit up well. actually, in my default pic, they're on a ride there. it's a smaller one but my 2yr old got to go on bigger ones. they also have a couple rides your 11yr old would love, they have a HUGE water park too, and a little park your 15month old would love
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think my favorite trips were to the beach, Myrtle Beach, Ocean City but living on the East coast you had to drive a ways to the beach. Living in California its just like going to the park and our kids adored our beach trips where we spent the day, with full relaxation gear, food, blankets, toys and all. The may have had more fun at the beach this summer than at Disney or Universal. Depending on where you live you may find some great everyday places that tourist love and residents ignore.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 2:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Chattanooga, TN stayed at the ChooChoo. I always wanted to stay in the train cars but my parents never wanted to. My Husband I took my oldest son a few years ago and stayed in the train cars. We had SO much fun. There is A LOT to do in Chattanooga! Also Gatlinburg, Tn.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010