Meals easy to individually package and freeze for new mom

My friend just had her little boy and I am making her lasagna which I will cut into individual servings. I will be using aluminum foil and ziploc bags. If anyone can give me other ideas of foods that will package up easily like this, that would be great! Thanks!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Enchiladas freeze very well. And hey are great for individual and quick lunches. Stews, chili and soups of course. Jambalaya is something different and oh so yummy. You're such a thoughtful person for doing this for her!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• how bout baked macaroni and chz with ham cubes? or a casserole- chicken, rice, veggies, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken with chz on top. mashed potatoes freeze well.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 1:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• People brought us a lot of crock pot things like whole chickens and sides like mashed potatoes, veggies, roasts, chilli, a lot of heavy stuff but I liked the soups and baked goods. Also, I wished someone would have brought a bunch of water because we couldn't keep enough with me breastfeeding.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 1:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Breakfast breads, like strawberry bread and banana bread.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 2:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Do a search here in groups and again on Google for "Once a Month Cooking" and you'll get tons of recipes and ideas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Thanks, I didn't even think of chili! She loves chili! And soups also. Keep the ideas coming . . . i would have LOVED if someone would have done this for me. It was a good thing, my hubby is a good cook and was oh so helpful when I was recovering from my section. The breakfast breads is a great idea also!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• soups... pack it full alot of veggies for momma & baby (if nursing)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• chilis good but if shes breastfeeding it may upset babys tummy
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 3:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2010