No insurance......

Hi,
I'm currently having issues with my insurance and cant afford to keep seeing a doctor.I've saved up some money to pay out of pocket for the actual delivery but that's it.Someone suggested to go and deliver at the ER so I was wondering if they can do it without my medical case note/history and how much more than a hospital delivery is it?Will the babby still be registered via the government document or will I have to go and do it manually?Can I still have an epidural?

I'm in Calgary,canada...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have insurance with my last son. What I did was pay a discounted rate to the doctor for my c-section and tubal ligation which she agreed to do for me. I then asked for emergency medicaid while in the hospital to cover the bills. Since I qualified for medicaid at that time, I go it and it covered the hospital stay and paying everyone else.
    Anonymous

• Don't know about that region, but as far as my knowledge in the US, you can save money, have a safer experience, and have your baby at home. It's win-win! ;-)
    How about locating a midwife that can accept your out-of-pocket payments?
    All the paperwork is taken care of, she helps. And no drugs at home of course, but there are lots of safer pain-coping methods.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• See if Canada has a state insurance plan or whatever. I'm not sure how it works. But I'm sure they have help for "poor" people. Like a Department of Human Services or Something?
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 7:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/hhr-rhs/strateg/index-eng.php
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 8:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2010