has anyone else gone through anything like this?

im 17 wks in my 1st pregnancy and overwhelmed with emotion. my dr said my blood pressure is high and that im not measuring very big. i dont work so im at home all day but she told me 2 rest. what she said scares me and stresses me out more than i already am. i experienced big losses mid of last year. i just want a healthy baby & to be healthy as well. has anyone else gotten results like this and what would u advise? thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all of pregnancy is scary. Eat well and try to get some exercise- even if it is a 10 minute walk each day. Discuss your concerns with your doctor. Hang in there- you should have your ultrasound in a few weeks and that will make you feel much better. Congratulations!
    Anonymous

• Honey, the blood pressure being high was only on one visit. Right? That could have been the result of walking up stairs or being a little stressed about something, something you ate, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean that anything is wrong. Neither does the fact that you aren't "measuring very big". You may not be quite as far along as you thought or you may just be going to have a small baby.

Don't get stressed out over this. Take it easy, eat right, get a little exercise and.....kick your doc's butt for not explaining this to you and setting your mind at ease before you left his/her office. Any doc worth anything will do that and will not leave the room until you know all the facts, exactly what you should be doing and are doing fine.
    madhousequeen

Answer by madhousequeen at 3:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Try not to sweat it. There are plenty of reasons you could have high blood pressure ( But do keep an eye on it so it doesn't turn preeclampsia on you) and why you aren't measuring very big. If your uterus is retroverted or if you are a big boned person it will take awhile to show. Keep in mind some people hardly ever show until the last trimester especially if it's their first baby. And of course your due date is only a guess give or take two weeks so you may actually only be 15 weeks. As long as baby is moving around you're fine. Try to take it easy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Try to relax... you stressing out about stressing out and highblood pressure can increase those symptoms and ultimately harm the baby. Most pregnant women have elevated blood pressure compared to their normal because of the baby. I agree with PP in that if it is one time, there really is no need for concern. The concern comes in when it becomes a pattern and has other symptoms to go with it. Just try to calm yourself. When I was prego my hubby would get after me every time that my voice got a little louder... always said "it's not good for the baby" settle down
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You might want to talk to you doctor about Prenatal Yoga. If the doc says it is okay, find a Prenatal Yoga DVD to help you relax. I have one that I absolutely love because their is a massage teaching segment for the hubby. Nothing beats that. And the massage segment is all light and Prenantal aproved. The Yoga is a good way to connect with yourself and your baby.

But always check with your doctor first.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2010