Does anyone know anything about Washing Machines?

My old Washer is 26+ years old! Not a good working one! A Maytag. Someone is giving away a 7 year old Maytag that doesn't spin out the Water! Anyone know this issue? Worth taking or not? Please if you know I'd love your Reply! Thank you! Happy New Year!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 2:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I had that problem. I called a repair man. I am looking at my reciept right now. The repair man wrote "Replaced agitator gears...." $140.00. This was 5 years back though.

Now what I do is I google "troubleshooting a washing machine." See what you can work with. I trouble shot my garbage disposal and fixed it myself one time. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• my moms was doing this, and we called the repair man, the drain on it was clogged. This happened twice...the second time it was a dime stuck in the drain
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Oh yeah forgot.......Our washer has worked great ever since.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Ours doesn't suck out all the water the first time, either! I always thought that it was age (they are 10 years old, I think). I just run it through another spin cycle while I fold the clothes in the dryer.
    I will definitely have to do the troubleshooting thing to see if its something I can fix on my own.....you never know, right?

Best wishes to you OP......I would probably keep looking, though, since you don't know exactly what the problem could be since you haven't been using it and you don't want to get stuck with a repair bill that is more than the machine is worth.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010