Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you report a jerk who married just for green card?

He married her just to get his green card. She took out 80,000 to pay for all his legall issues and as soon as he got it he left her. I know its illegal just dont know what to do or who to call????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (38)
  • maybe try calling imigration. Not sure what all you can do though, that would be a place to start though.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • She would have to get her marriage annulled first, by proving this was a sham. Then the rest would have to be left up to immigration.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I can't believe she gave up 80K to some guy. Hope she doenst have kids

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • He was with her for a few years, she thought it was the real thing....

    Answer by blessedmother at 3:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • he scammed her and messed with her feelings so he is a scumbag but not so sure how "illegal" it really is. When a woman/man marries someone just for their money its a scumbag thing to do but not illegal. You'd REALLY have to prove FRAUD that he lied to her about something other than the fact that he loved her....
    not sure how easy that would be.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I would think it would be very difficult to prove that it was a scam, since they were married for a few years.

    Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • When you get married and a green card/citizenship is in question, you have to go through extensive questioning and investigation by the immigration officials and marriage courts. If they got past it.. then nothing that can be done there.

    Answer by Pandapanda at 4:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I agree with Panda. My husband and I are going to have to go through that questioning shit soon. His brother went through it a few years ago. They drill you hard, they ask you the most obscure questions that you must know the answers to. Unless this guy is the king of con artists and she can unearth tons of brilliant evidence against him, there's probably nothing that can be done. You have to fight for your green card, they don't just hand it out that easily.

    Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Contact the INS at or 1-800-375-5283.

    Answer by Happypancake at 5:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Oh this is to start drama right ? She should have been smarter there is no way there were no signs at all no frickin way

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.