About skin tags

Is there away to remove them at home?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There are plenty of meds that can get rid of then. Anything with acetylsalicylic acid in it like aspirin. Make a paste of it. I also heard that you can take Tagamet (sp?) for them. Of course there are always things like compound W. My BIL used to take a knife and just cut them off. yuk. I found out my rosecea med has something it in that removes them! If they are small enough I just pull them off but they bleed like crazy.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• There is that 'freeze off' product.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Bigger ones can be cut off w/ scissors. I have used clean cuticle scissors on a few I had on my neck. A doctor told me to. I had gone in several years earlier and the doc cut it off and told me I could do the same at home. I hear that Compound W will work too for smaller ones or those that you do not want to cut off.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2010