How do you get out of paying for a horrible haircut?

A few weeks ago I took my boys for haircuts. Both weren't at all good, one looked like they took a weedwacker to his hair. I paid, and went home to fix it. It's still uneven, but the only other thing that could be done would have been to shave his head. They had it so short. There is no way I'd let them touch the boys again, so how could I get out of paying for 'weedwacker' haircuts again?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Speak to a manager after the damage has been done and they MIGHT let you slide by without paying...however, most hairstylists are "at your own risk" businesses. If they do not have signs stating that you get your hair cut at your own risk or make you sign a waiver, they SHOULD refund you...but it's at their discretion.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• IMO...it's just good business to refund a less than satisfied customer.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I went back in crying. That got me a refund and a free haircut coupon with a woman that knew what she is doing. I heard the weedwhacker stylist got fired over what she did to me. I can't imagine why! lol She was horrible as a cutter. I am assuming she did perms or color better than cuts.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i would tell them i'm not paying for the cut. I've done it before and I walked out of there not paying anything. i was so freakin mad because my hair was long and I had to get it cut all the way to my shoulders for the lady to fix what had happened.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I doubt you can go back. I have only been unhappy once, and I said something before I left and didn't have to pay. They offered to fix it, but I said no, because I was afraid they'd make it worse and shorter.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010