how far do you go until its called an affair?

us and our friends were discussing this. i say when the person whom's married creates feelings for another and says "i love you" and thats when its officially called an affair.

others think its to the point when you sleep with that person.
whats your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When you become physical with someone..even if its just a kiss..thats an affair..but you can also have an emotional affiar where you may have some deep feelings with somoene but share no physical contact..both are wrong..but ipersonally think an emotional affair is more damaging..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• One is an emotional affair and one is a physical tryst so both are correct. Hopefully one can keep her man from going to either place by showing him respect and appreciation. Not preaching just reminding what is said is the number one reason for cheating in the book Why Men Cheat based on a study of men who really cheated.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think flirting in any way with someone else is considered cheating, extreme feelings or not. If you can develop feelings like that with someone else in the first place, they shouldn't be married.. I'm a strong believe in faithfulness, flirting, spending time secretively with someone else or anything that is intimate would be considered cheating in my eyes.

TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• my husband and I agree that having romantic feelings for another person is emotional cheating, anything less than a pat on the back, quick hug or peck on the cheek is immoral and chatting about sexual activities with a person of the opposite gender other than your spouse is being unfaithful...

(excluding family members of course)

...you could call us old-fashioned, i suppose.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think it's an affair as soon as your relationship with the other person starts talking away from the relationship with your spouse.
    Anonymous

• the very second you lust after that person
    Anonymous

• i think once you are even thinking about having an affair is wrong (i know thats not the question) but once you say I love you I agree that its now called an affair. You are now having these feeling thats only suppose to be shared between you and your wife (ore vice versa)
    Anonymous

• if after an encounter you dont stop thats an affair
    Anonymous

• I think both things you describe are an affair, they are just different types of affairs. One is emotional, where feelings are involved, and one is physical, where it's purely about sex. Then, of course, there's an affair that combines both of those. All of them are wrong. And frankly, in my opinion, it can be an emotional affair even without the words I love you being spoken or even thought. Simply the act of being closer to another person of the opposite sex than you are to your spouse, in my book, is a problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You can have an affair without being emotionally attached. You can also have an "emotional" affair, with no sex. IMO, I believe it's an affair if you are sharing a life or lifestyle outside of marriage that should be something between you and your spouse. I think it crosses the line when you have a relationship that your spouse would not be comfortable with and knows nothing about.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2010