Have a landlord ever went down on their rent so you wont leave?

We have been a tenant for 3 yrs paying 650.00 for a one bedroom we now are ready to move to a 2 bedroom but the rent will be 800.00 so we told them we are moving Jan 24th. We were asked why and what can they do to make us stay. Im really hoping they go down on the rent! Have this ever happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our landlord just offered to lower ours 100 dollars a month to sign for another year...but we did not accept b/c we are buying a house. If I were you I would ask for a reduction and see what they say.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• OP:congrats on buying your new home!!
    I'm definately going to ask.. thx
    Anonymous

• Yes our landlord went down from 400 a month to 350 a month on our two bedroom house, he also even gave us a free months rent just to say welcome back when my dh returned from Iraq last time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2010