I want to be a Party Planner and Need Advice..

HI! I am 27 going back to school for Business. I would really love to get into the Party Planning Business. I dont have alot of experience as far as doing parties for other people, but when I do parties for my kids and baby showers I just love it. I'm very organized and love to plan, decorate, cook, etc. I think this would be perfect for me!! I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get started or who to contact to get started?? Anyone a Party Planner out there that could help me. Btw, I live in South Jersey if theres anyone out there looking for help! :) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• www.wahm.com the forum there has a folder for party planners I think, there's always good stuff on there. GL.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 5:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Good luck. I would love to do this too. I'm a nurse nearing retirement, so maybe..................

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i am a party planner...i own a business and i mostly do local but if people are out of town i help order everything for the party and get personalized favors and everything.. ive done showers to birthdays to weddings.. but i was a minor on the wedding i just did the favors and helped with the organization.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010