how in the world am i going to calm this 9yr old little girl? what an attitude!

everything is a fight! backtalking, constant attitude about everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• welcome to pre-pubescent life

Answer by admckenzie at 3:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• well it sucks! lol my boys NEVER EVER gave me a problem i couldn't handle but she's killing me....everything id blah blah blah please tell me it stops!
    Anonymous

• lol..no kidding admckenzie....

thst's all part of parenthood. Just don't mimick her behavior. Remember...YOU are the adult...don't forget to act like one, as difficult as it may be at times.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have a little 11 year old sister...not a daughter (my daughters are 2 years and 8 months) but wow she can mouth off. I was the same way when I was a kid. Yes...it does stop....eventually.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• check shes not being bullied first, or could just be a phase of hormones, what are her friends like? make sure she knows your there for her to chat to.
    Anonymous

• Wow. This is what I do with my daughter. I take her into her room. QUIETLY NO YELLING. I ask her to sit down. (QUIETLY) and I say. "I love you very much. I would like to treat you with respect. When you are able to treat me the same, please come speak to me." Believe it or not this worked for me. The first few times it was still a stomping around anger issue. I simply kept taking her in her room. After the first time and she calmed down I explained to her that she is testing her bounderies. I also told her she is struggling with hormones and feelings and crazy mind issues. I told her I was her greatest friend and ally in life and that if she keeps hurting me with her words, it will cause problems in our friendship as she gets older. (I did explain that we are not friends now, but will be when she is an adult.) I also thanked her for listening quietly and told her to stay in her room and write in her journal then come to me.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 8:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• This reaction to her has done wonders for our relationship. I am VERY close to my daughter, who is now ten. If she starts with the backtalk, I look at her and say, "Friends do not talk to one another like that."
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 8:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Welcome to parenting, you have my sympathy.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010