Should I move my baby to her crib

My baby is 5 mo. old and sleeping in her bassinet in our room. I am still breastfeeding her at least once during the night and find it easier to have her in the room with us. Are there any other moms that have done the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sleep with my baby and breastfeed. I don't plan on her moving anywhere.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Yep! I did the same thing, but found that we both slept better once she was in her own room free of any distractions. My dd still woke up once a night to nurse until she was about 9mo and then we cut out the nighttime feeding and she started sleeping all the way through :o) Good luck!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 3:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I would move her; that way she gets use to sleeping on her own because it will be harder to do when she's older. I also agree with LISHABEE about the feedings. Moving her would help both out :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My two year old and 8 month old (whom I breastfeed...the 8 month old...not the two year old..lol) both sleep in my bed. I love it. Ava (2yo) will probably start using her bed soon though :(
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I put all my kids in their crib from the day we got home from the hospital. I just found it easier to sleep, and I think they did too, without waking every time I heard them breathe deep, or roll over, etc

Answer by missanc at 3:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• My 29 month old still occasionally nurses at night and is in our bedroom. My oldest was also in there until he weaned at 18 months old.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't bother. Some people claim that moving them later makes it harder, but that's really individual, and there's no way to know if waiting would make it harder or easier. Or if leaving her would make it harder or easier. So, do what YOU want to do. We moved our baby out at 9 months into her sister's room. It was an easy transition. We moved our oldest dd to her own room at 20 months. It was also an easy transition. Just see what you think YOUR baby needs.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i just think its up to you... i moved mine into his crib because i was afraid of him rolling over too much and that im sleeping im not going to realize it and not know what could happen... so it seems safer that hes inside his crib instead of my bed.. except when he wakes up and doesnt stop crying i let him because it is easier that way and i get to bed faster. but he still wakes up almost twice to 3 times a night and hes almost 7 months
    Anonymous

• At that age they roll over a lot and could roll out of the bassanett. I would move em to the crib. It is only once a night that you will have to get out of bed. That is not much. Thats kinda sad that you will not get out of bed to feed your child and that you have to have them there with you so its eaiser for you. Its not hard to get up and walk to the other room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• I keep my babies in my room with my until they are a little over 1 because I am freaked out about SIDS. I move them out of a bassinett though and put a crib in my room at three months or sooner. It's a little more cramped, but it's definitley more safe for the baby. None of my babies would have fit in a bassinett past 3 months anyway. Consider a crib or pack-n-play instead though, it's much safer for her. Don't worry about other posts though, do what works best for you and baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2010