My period was due 3 days ago but the test was neg???

So my period was due 3 days ago and I haven't gotten it yet. I tested this afternoon but the test came back negative. I'm gonna test in the morning with the second test but I was wondering what other things could going on here? I'm NEVER late so this isn't a fluke. Just starting to panic here a little...

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 3:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• According to my OB (it's been awhile so things may have changed) it can take store bought test up to 5-7 days after conception to pick up pregnancy.

You could have either skipped this month or are going to have a late period which is not uncommon, however since you say it is for you then I do suggest getting checked out since irregular periods can be a sign of a deeper issue such as cervical/ovarian cancer (not to scare you but you do know your body better than I and any hint it's acting out of the norm does in my opinion warrant at the least a check-up).

Other reasons for missed or late periods: if you've been sick recently; if you've lost or gained weight; if you've been under a lot of stress/pressure; or if you've changed your diet/living habits. Those are a few things that could cause period issues.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• wait a week if it doesnt come test again
    Anonymous

• losing or gaining alot of weight (more than 15lbs in a month) could do it...stress could make that happen...too much exercise might be the problem

to get a definite answer just see a doc

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 4:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• For some people it takes longer for the levels to show. My SIL it took her two weeks to finially get a positive from a test at home.
    Anonymous

• with my 2nd i was 10 weeks before a test came back pos. and with my 3rd i was 5 weeks. some times it takes longer! just wait a few more days and test in the morning not afternoon!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 6:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i tested around dec 9th because my period was a few days late and it came back neg. i waited over a week and took another and it was still neg. finally the day after christmas i was determined i had to be pregnant... i could just feel it so i took another test and it was positive!! took a few more and they are all positive.... maybe you just need to wait for a little while longer..
    victoriaherring

Answer by victoriaherring at 10:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010