Do you ever use the phrase "If you don't do such and such, I'm going to call Daddy!"

Guilty o.o

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to, until I realized it was making my children not respect me as a disciplinarian and I was seen as the "weaker" parent, not to be taken seriously.
    Anonymous

• Nope, he uses it for me.
    Anonymous

• I TRY not to, because I don't want Daddy to be the bad guy. Unfortunately sometimes that is the only way to get through to them. I hate bothering my Husband when he is at work, but if it gets bad enough I will call him.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• No. I don't need to threaten my daughter with her father. I discipline her myself when she is bad.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Nope. He's got his daddy wrapped around his little finger. Most of the time I have to be mean mommy. His dad doesn't spend nearly as much time with him as I do so I'm kind of glad to be a mean mommy. Lol! =P
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Not like that. When he gets in trouble he begs me not to tell Daddy because he doesn't want to disappoint him. Asking him what he thinks Daddy would think of (whatever he said/did/etc) usually gets contrition faster than any threat.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Nope it's not meant for daddy to be the disiplinarian when you are home that is for you to be the parent and do your job. Did Daddy see it probably not so why should daddy have to be the one to take care of it.
    Anonymous

• No; he's the softie anyway.
    Anonymous

• No. I don't want to make my husband the bad guy and my kids know mom is in charge as much as dad is. Not a lazy parent and couldn't do that.
    Anonymous

• Yes!
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 5:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010