What do you do???

When you see things that maybe would not be tolerated what do you do? If you see two men kissing just as any couple would as they walk out of a restaurant? If you see a mother leave her baby in the car while she goes in the store? If you see a man mistreating a woman while your driving? What do you do????
Give more examples of things you have seen and did about them or wish you did even.

marinesangil

Asked by marinesangil at 4:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've called police whenever I see a man beating on woman or robbery taking place or child alone in a car, or people drawing grafetti on buses/bus stops or trains. I've worked as a cashier in a grocery store and have asked children to stop hollering/screaming or riding the grocery conveyor checkout. I've asked people stranded on the highway if they wanted me to call someone for help. I've told people really going at it in public to get a room. I've asked men to respect the elderly/pregnant ladies or women with small children to give up their seats on public transportation. I've asked teenagers to please not stand in the bus doorways or crowd the driver. I've drop my bowling ball on my floor to let my downstairs neighbor know that they're too loud. As I was being beaten in the lobby of a friend's apartment complex, I screamed for anyone to call the police.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• You equate abuse and neglect with 2 gay men kissing? the second too can be reported to the police,the first one,well just look away I guess! They have the right to kiss too.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Well, I don't see a same sex couple kissing to be anywhere near the same as someone leaving their child in a car, a parent hitting their child or a man or woman mistreating their s/o while driving. I wouldn't even notice a same sex couple kissing and would definetly not say something because I don't care. Now, if I see a male/female couple making out, groping, etc. I will say soemthing or get a manager so that they can say something (I have never seen a same sex couple doing so but if I did I would do the say something or get someone in charge). I have seen parents screaming at/smack their child and i have called them on it and once called 911 when I saw a dad grab his 3yo by her arm and pull her across a table. I have called 911 when I have seen a car swerving for a couple of miles & I have reported obvious domestic issues (screaming and threats) that I
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have called CPS when I found out that a 15yo girl was living out on the streets and going wherever she could find a bed. I have called 911 when I heard a parent 2 doors down after hearing the child screaming "don't, don't" followed by many smacks and slaps and screams of pain. I try not to be a budinsky and I make sure that I have a true and valid reason for making a call to 911 or CPS. If I see a car swerving, I follow it for a couple of miles to be sure there's an issue before calling, i don't call for a few little swerves. Sometimes you do have to step in though.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• When I see people intolerant of others because the have the nerve to not be straight, I point them out to my son and tell him not to be hateful and ignorant like they are.
    Anonymous

• Well, in the case of the gay people I think nothing much about it.
    In the case of a mom leaving a child I think...how stupid.
    In the case of abuse I think....he'll/she'll get his/hers.

If you want to know if I stop and react to their faces or whatnot...no I dont. I dont believe in getting involved in anything since I dont know the entire story/situation. If I see a child being neglected or like they are lost in a store or something then Ill probably help them find their parent or Id call someone to help them but thats about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• seriously, a gay couple kissing is intolerable just like a mom leaving a baby in the car?!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I dont like to see ANY people kissing, gay or straight. I'm so grossed out by PDA lol it annoys my DH.
    Anonymous

• First I must say I am very sorry it was taken that way. The idea was I have seen soo many people horrib ly react to the first of two gay people (men and women both two gay men and lesbians) in cruel ways. I have a lot of gay friends and they have honestly been my best friends for years. But the reason I did so is just for that I have seen so many cruel things done or said and yet have witnessed the others and much more and been in those very situations where people did nothing. To those of you that do I applaud you. Because you are of the few. So this was not against gays at all. This was to remind people of who they are and thank them for it. Theres been a lot of times in my life where I had given up on the human race for seeing things I wish did not exist. I think I have been lucky to be in the right places at the right times to help people in many ways. But again for those that have.. thank you.
    marinesangil

Answer by marinesangil at 2:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Abuse and neglect would be reported to 911 immediately by me. No excuses.
    People acting upon their civil liberties that I may not personally happen to agree with just get ignored. None of my business if they aren't hurting anyone.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2010