2009 W-2

Does anyone know a website that i can get a copy of this years W-2?I know there is one I heard an old co-worker last year talking about getting hers off the web.Do you have a clue what it would be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• LOL, no you can't get from anywhere other than your employer. They have to give it to you, and they have until about January 31st to do so. Think about it -- how fucked would you be if W-2s were public info on the web?
    Anonymous

• You can get them as long as you have your employee # and ss# .There was like 4 girls that all did it and filed theirs.Its fromMcDonalds so maybe thats why IDK but I know they got them I seen it.Its not public record you have to have your private info to get them but I know you can.
    Anonymous

• You can only get them from your employer. It may be that the company these people worked for made them available on their company website. I worked for H&R Block for 5 years and there was NO website or anywhere to go to get them other than the employer. A company has until January 31st to MAIL out W-2's, giving until around February 5th for you to receive them. If you don't get them, then call the IRS and they will send you a temporary statement that they have but that is only if your employers doesn't send you yours. The employer will also get fined.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Some employers post theres on the web at a certain site, walmart did, goodys used to...and i think one other business my SO worked for had the option to get an electronic W-2...but your employer has to OFFER that option..there is not just a website you can go to for any random employer!! Sorry!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2010