I want her out...........

I'm 37 weeks 5 days pregnant, my dr. says I could pop at anytime...so I've been doing reflexology on my ankles [well my brother-in-law has] I've been having contractions [in the daytime their like 15 mins apart, but at night before I go to bed their between 6 and 10 mins apart]
I'm tired of being pregnant, I want her out...the dr is saying that she's measuring big...
anyway anyone have any other idea's that I could try to get labor moving faster...
I just feel like she and I are both ready for this...it's that gut mama feeling...

I'll try just about anything hehe

Allikats-momma

Asked by Allikats-momma at 4:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• eat something spicy? I hope you feel better and can meet your baby and find peace asap
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• But...you're not done being pregnant. You do realize that in between 37 and 39 weeks, your baby undergoes a huge amount of brain development that makes her brain larger, more able to process complex functions, and regulate her breathing better? Why would you want her out? It's not even healthy for her. I had my son at 37.5 weeks and he had breathing problems because of it....
    Anonymous

• If your gut is telling you shes ready then she is likely about to come on her own. That being the case, best just to let her come when the time is actually right.
    Anonymous

• I know how your feeling. I had my son at barely 37 weeks and he was not ready. he had to go to the NICU partially because of that. but i was high risk and couldn't wait any longer. I would use these last couple weeks trying to be as comfortable as possible. (i know easier said that done. maybe get in a warm bath and try to snooze? i could only sleep in a warm bath toward the end cause my back hurt.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Respecting the baby is a priority, imo, I encourage you to appreciate she is still inside for a reason.
    You might try to find distractions to keep you busy and ways to help yourself feel better.

It's normal to have pre-labor/ practice/prodromal labor. If acupressure isn't working then it's another indication that this is not what baby (and body want). It's important to listen to that, to respect what Mother Nature/God has set up in it's perfect way.

Your baby might not truly be ready for several more weeks, of course. Remedies might be unsuccessful which mainly deteriorates mom's confidence and stamina. Keeping up your strength now is important! ;-)

I can offer plenty of ideas to keep you busy and working on this, but warn that the main result will likely be disappointment.
    So, bah.
    ;- /
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• let the baby come on its own:) if not have sex the sperm can start labor it did with my 2nd
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 6:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• sorry hon you just need to wait a few more WEEKS! baby might be ready before then but unlikely.
    Anonymous

• If the baby is ready it will come, as long as the baby is not ready nothing will work.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2010