What was wrong with Rush?

HONOLULU – Conservative talk radio show host Rush Limbaugh said Friday that tests show nothing wrong with his heart after chest pains hospitalized him earlier this week.

Limbaugh said at a Honolulu news conference that he was being released from The Queen's Medical Center, where he was rushed Wednesday during a vacation. Doctors said he did not have a heart attack or heart disease.

"The pain was real, and they don't know what caused it," Limbaugh said.

Asked whether he was taking painkillers, Limbaugh said no.

His medical problems have attracted attention in the past. In 2003, he acknowledged an addition to pain killers for severe back pain and took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter rehab.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100101/ap_on_re_us/us_limbaugh_hospital

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a universal law, honey = addicted to drugs equals die of a heart attack. My aunt went this way this summer, and it's how my dad will go. In Rush's case -- good riddance.
    Anonymous

• When it happened to my husband it was a pulled muscle. When it happened to my BIL it was acid reflux. Both cases were treated like heart failure as soon as they hit the ER up until they'd confirmed otherwise. Lots of people have false alarms everyday - but it's still better to be safe than sorry.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• NP,
    If it were either of thise things, teh doctors would know by now
    Anonymous

• Wow anon :03, I'm no Rush fan but I think it's pretty despicable to talk that way about a human life.

Anyway OP, I think you quoted all that anyone knows. He had some chest pains, he went to the hospital, had some tests done, and everything seems fine so they don't know what caused it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• NP,

Not if whatever caused it had stopped by the time they did the tests. Sorry to disappoint you that he's not dead. What a heartbreaker that must be for you that his family isn't in mourning today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• NP

Your husband and BIL found out. Rush sees the best doctors in the world I'm sure they know if its heartburn or a pulled muscle
    Sounds like they dont want to release what really happened
    Anonymous

• Sounds like they dont want to release what really happened

Or like you REALLY REALLY REALLY with a cherry on top do not want to believe there can be any possible explanation besides drugs so you will ignore any rational reasoning that does not support your preconceived notion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I didnt say it was drugs, I said we probably wont find out because he doesnt want us to know
    Anonymous

• I am not the anon that first posted i wouldnt wish harm on anyone
    Anonymous

• I'm just glad he is ok.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010