Do you ever feel like your suffocating and need to drop everything and step out?

The other day I felt like this and dropped everything, told SO "I need to get out of here! NOW!" and left. I went to visit a friend for a bit and came back feeling better. I want to know who else gets this way??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• all the time !!!!!!
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i go to the book store that sells coffee and find a chair in the back and read a book for a hour or two, go back refreshed and with a bit more knowledge.

starmum44

Answer by starmum44 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• it happens to me sometimes. i go for a walk or to a friends house. just to have some time to relax and i always come back feeling much better
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 8:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I used to but it's all good now

Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Yes! It's called a panic or anxiety attack. I know exactly what you mean. I have felt like that for a few days now. I even had to break down and take a Xanax so I could sleep. You did the right thing by getting out and calming down, good for you for knowing when you need that break. There is nothing wrong with needing that break. Hang in there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• ALL THE TIME!! Im a stay at home mom. and all the housework and taking care of my son gets so overwhelming when my husband works rough hours. There have been a few times that he would get home and i would walk right out. Although i dont have any friends around here so i just go for a drive or take a walk in the park just anything to get away. Even going grosery shopping will give me a little time to relax if i dont have to take my son.
    Anonymous

• i am so worn lately..emotionally..physically..mentally...everything, i just want to sleep, i want a break.....but if i take off, the stuff i have to do, wont get done ill come home to it waiting for me and it just builds.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010