My 2 yr old has a very picky appetite, how do I fix it?

My daughter hardly eats anything but I know it is mainly my fault because I am so scared she is going to get choked or strangled and I wont be able to help her. This is a big fear I live with daily and I honestly don't know how to overcome this.

carlysmom1207

Asked by carlysmom1207 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This isn't your daughter being a picky eater, this is your paranoia. You need to find a way to deal with it. You need to let her try new foods. Cut them into small, bite sized pieces. She may gag on some foods because she isn't used to the textures, but you need to let her try. This paranoia is going to cause her health problems because she isn't getting the proper nutrients. Talk to a nutritionist or her doctor about what she should be eating (serving size) and a counselor to help you overcome your fears. Your doctor can give you a list of foods to avoid until she is a little older or that need to be cut in smaller pieces.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i agree with the lady up top..i dont believe in picky eaters the parents make there kids that way cause they r afraid to try new things with them.i have 3 kids none r picky eaters they got what was served to them and if they didnt eat it they went hungry,eventually they give in.this is a fast food world try to cut out fast food and junk food including juice!!!! she will have a bigger appietiate and start eating better,dont b afraid of her starving when there hungry enough they will eat anything u just have to stand ur ground and not give in!!
    coffeefreak996

Answer by coffeefreak996 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2010