is it safe?

is it safe to lose weight when pregnant? I am pregnant with my 3rd (7 weeks) and i havent gainned weight i have lost! its only been 3lbs and 2 pant sizes but it still worries me. if it is safe to lose how much is to much to lose when pregnant?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 6:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In the first trimester it is really normal to lose weight due to you body getting used to everything. If you are overweight you may not gain at all and that has been proven safe if not better for the mother. DOn't worry it is a ok.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• That doesn't sound right to me. I'd talk to your doctor.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Talk to your doc, but I wouldn't worry about it. I lost about 10 lbs in the first 10 weeks. Doc wasn't worried about it all. He told me he was monitoring but that since baby was growing fine he wasn't worried. Now I'm 25 weeks and have gained only 15 lbs total. As long as your baby's ok and you're eating healthfully I wouldn't worry.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• most women lose in the start from throwing up other times it's just your body working in over drive that will cause it by the end of your first you will start to gain a lb or two most of the weight on baby is put on in the last 10 wks just dont forget to eat and eat healthy
    Anonymous

• i have been eating well just not much meat it makes me sick!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 7:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• well i am a little over weight i wasnt done losing from my 2nd! he is only 9 months! but im happy and dont mind that there close in age
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 7:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2010