how long to fast for the three hour gluco test?

is it twelve hours or ten? i didnt pass the one hour now i have to fast and do a three hour..yay me.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is normally 12 hours of fasting before the test are accurtate.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i had the same thing happen to me..ugh tht sugar drink is the worst and even worse on a empty stomach. i beleve i had to fast for 12hrs. but they did tll me cold drink water. good luck! i passed my second time.
    scrapmom917

Answer by scrapmom917 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I was told no sugar for 24 hours, and fast for 12. It sucked terribly! I had to read labels and be very careful because i didn't want to go on a special diet for the rest of my pregnancy!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• same thing happened to me with both kids, i don't think it was 12 hours, they said not to eat after midnight and i went in at like 7am and did it. thankfully i passed :) i also found that the orange drink tastes way better than the other flavors, see if they have that one and can give it to you. or if you like fruit punch, ask for that. i dispised the coke one...eeww
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• The doctor told be not to eat after midnight and then I went in and took the test at 8:30 am. I failed. But I did not have gestational diabetes. I had to take my sugar levels for 4 weeks before they would remove the diagnosis though. I won't be taking the glucose test in future pregnancies because of that experience.
    I would go with 12 hours to be on the safe side.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• 12 hours.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Twelve
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my first DD, I had grape, not bad. DD2 was orange, not bad. DD3 was lemon-lime. GROSS!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2010