Question about my daughters hair

DD is just over a year old and im sort of confused about her hair color lol, I have brown hair and DH has blonde hair but DH had like white hair when he was her age, thats how blonde it was until he was about 6 or 7, its still blonde but now its a darker blonde and I even had slightly blonde hair when I was a baby up until I was about 3 then it started to turn brown..DD was born with VERY dark hair, then over the course of this year its become lighter and lighter and now its between a very light brown and a dirty blonde, she has tons of golden strands all throughout her hair..so what will happen with her hair color? could it keep getting lighter..if not how come she doesnt have blonde hair like DH and I did at that age??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will probly stay dirty blonde...mine was like white blonde when i was little then about the age of 3 or 4 it started getting darker brown but now i have brown hair with blonde streaks in it...which is called "dirty blonde"
    Anonymous

• oh yeah my dd's hair was black when she was born then it lightened up now it's just like mine, dirty blonde
    Anonymous

• i don't know a lot about that but i do know what you're talkin about is not unusual. Maybe gpap or gma on either side had really dark hair?
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 7:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have red hair...DH has black hair....Ava (our 2 year old) has blonde hair

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 7:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• The really blond headed children are called towheads. I had two towheads and one that was born with dark hair that faded out and turned blond. Today they all have the "dirty" blond hair. It gets lighter during summer and fades out during the winter. Their father's hair is like that. I have dark auburn hair. (ok it's probably all grey under the color I have on it now but when I was younger it was auburn!)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• my sister and her babys dad both have very dark hair and had a blonde child who is 7 now and still has blnde hair. both me and hubby have balck hair and our child is 19months and most days her hair looks redish,other days bolnde.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• you wil just have to wait it out............it all depends on gentics.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 8:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2010