If you're Christian and don't attend church regularly, why?

Have you been disillusioned or disappointed by a church that you attended? Have you not found one that you "like" attending? Or do you just hate getting up on Sunday morning?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All of the above, but mainly because of certain situations that have happened at 2 different churches that we have attended.
    Anonymous

• I live an hour away and that church has services on Sat nights ( not SDA) so I can only go one or 2 times a month but will attempt to go more and drive home at night instead of staying over night at a hotel. It adds up! I love this church and there is none like it closer or else Id go to one closer.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• haven't found one...and don't like getting up un sundays lol
    Anonymous

• All of the above. And one simple one. I don't have clothes to wear to church. Sounds bad, but it is true.
    Anonymous

• One thing God has said to me is not to allow past circumstances hold me bondage and keep me from attending a church. You cannot allow others issues keep you from pursuing Him. I have stories to tell of past churches that the enemy would love to keep me from pursuing God and attending church. Yet he loses! God wins! :-)
    The latter half of 2009 I had an issue that was controlling me and keeping me from being fully healed. I was allowing someone elses choices control me and not allowing God in and heal me. I finally made a choice to let go of what their choices were and step into the New Year with a new outlook and allow Him to come in and heal my brokeness. He is doing that now. Praise God. It was the most difficult decision I had to make as it is not my nature to end or cut people out or even let go of people but I did it to be pleasing to God and for freedom! Hard but best choice I made. I will continue to go cont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• the church even though one of them attends the same church and go forward. When we let this happen... God stuff happens! It is glorious!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• personally i dont think you need to attend church to grow in Christ--i think "church" has changed over the years and have found too many of them that so not follow the "true" doctrine of the bible--think about it if the bible is the one true way and truth then why do so many different religious churches/organized religion claim their way is the right way---if there is one true way then how are 5 different religions claiming they are---churches (some) are not following the truth and i do not chose to partake or be a member of that.
    Anonymous

• Not Christian now but used to be Catholic. Didn't go because I like sleep, hate dressing up, don't need church to feel closer to God, didn't like the church and mostly because there was very little community within the congregation- you were strangers coming together to do a weekly workout routine that no one especially got into. It wasn't joyous, and so why bother?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think it's very sad that people feel that they can't go to church because they don't have the right clothes. When I was growing up, we always "dressed up" to go to church but now most churches are much more casual and I think it's more important that you're there than that you're dressed up. Do you think God cares what you're wearing? As long as it's decent, covering all the important parts, I mean, why should it matter?

And if the church you're going to feels like just a "weekly workout routine," then you need to be looking for a new church. Believe me, not all of them are like this.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2010