Do you have a Vocal Cat?

I have a Vocal Cat. His Dad is vocal! Just curious on yours! Do you love it? I have 13 Cats. But only the 2 males are that Way. Clownie is 12. His son is Krammer & is 9!! Vocals Cats? By the Way. Another Cat related too is vocal. Lokie. But he lives else where! The vocalness is heriditary?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pets

• I think Siamese are known to be vocal. My 2 cats will be out in the kitchen all by themselves and cry for no reason. It drives me crazy! But, I love them.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Some cat breeds are particularly vocal. Siamese and Bengals are especially notorious for it. I have a Domestic Shorthair (aka generic American mutt cat) that is very vocal. It drives me crazy! If it weren't for the rest of his awesome personality, I never would have adopted him. I prefer cats that don't talk to get what they want, and boy does this one try that all of the time.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I have a Siamese mix (half Siamese half something...probably Americn shorthair). He is the most vocal cat I've ever seen in my life! lol. He screams to get what he wants!!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• my cat is a little bit of everything.. his name is grunt bc when he was small he wouldnt meow he would grunt like a pig.. it was cute so i chose him well he is a yr old now and still wont meow unless he is taking a bath, misses his daddy(my dh) or just plain mad at me .. when he does meow i can hear it all the way across the house!! but most of the time he opens his mouth like he is going to meow but nothing comes out more then a sqweek lol.. he thinks its cute i guess
    Magouirkmandi

Answer by Magouirkmandi at 3:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2010