Bad Panic Attacks

Okay so i have panic attacks ALOT for instance this morning I was fine then bam i had an air bubble and i paniced and had a really bad panic attack lasted 45mins,Now today the fear of having another one and i feel kinda light headed and really tired, nothing hurts i feel like i could puke my stomaches uncomfortable and if you ask me im dieing of some unknowen health problem... even tho in november i had blood work done and a cat scan and every thing was fine,I don't know how to control this i am so sick of feeling panicy,I feel shaky and scared I don't know how to deal with this please help!

AmberDawn2009

Asked by AmberDawn2009 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Health

• There's a group on here for agoraphobia that you might find helpful...ladies in there all have similar issues.
    Anonymous

• thank you i will join it
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• A panic attack is the body's overreaction to stressful stimuli. What's the typical reaction to danger? Fight or flight. Your body's gearing up to do one of those & it will release adrenalin & react in other ways like hyperventilating, stomach cramps, increased heart rate and you're in a full blown panic attack.

Try relaxation techniques like slow, deep breathing & deliberate muscle tensing & release. The physical relaxing counteracts the panic sensation. You can also try physical movement like getting up & walking around the room (you're in "flight"). I will sometimes pop a piece of gum or a mint in my mouth to distract my brain/body.

Exercise releases endorphins which will encourage physical relaxation. Exercising regularly, eating healthy & avoiding caffeine & alcohol are good habits to help your body regain balance. Drugs (Klonopin) may be needed for a short time to help break the vicious cycle & give you a break.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• tyyy so much
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• are you a new mother, did anything change in ur life, are u under stress? U need to find what triggering it. I had panic attacks bad after my son, which they diagnosed me with post partum dep, and then after they diagnosed me with a hypothyroid. Turns out it was my thyroid the whole time that was setting off my anxiety.
    kristalsfirst

Answer by kristalsfirst at 5:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2010

• No I'm not a mommy not yet waiting to get my life together befor i bring a buddle of joy into the world=).Stress yes ALOT of stress but alot of my stress is caused by the panic attacks,and Im a hypercondriac i believe thats how its spelled I always think somethings wrong with,even if 3 months ago i had blood work done and the doctor said everything was fine.Im assuming if my thyroid was off she would have saw that in the blood work,unless she didnt look at it lol
    AmberDawn2009

Answer by AmberDawn2009 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2010