What type of laundry detergent do you use?

I used Costco brand, but am looking into getting something that smells better.

Also, how do you get grease stains out of shirts? I think I spill something on every single blasted shirt I own!

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 7:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• LOL My shirts all look like that too or the pant has a bleach spot! UGH!! I use ALL Rain fresh but I add a second rinse and my softener and my dryer sheet are fragrance free my kids have sensitive skin
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• use GAIN! smells wonderful!
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 7:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• wELL I USES WHATEVER IS LIKE ON SALE. SOMETRIMES U CAN FIND DETERGENT THAT IS SIMILAR TI THE NAME BRAND KINDA LIKE CLOTHES. SOME EVEN HAVBWE LIKE A HINT OF FEBREEZE IN IT. WHY NOT TRY SUM DRYER SHEETS. I BEEN USEINN THE 3 IN 1 SHEETS WITH THE DETERGENT FABRIC SOFTNER AND DRYER SHEETS ALLIN ONE CUZ OF MY BUZY SCHEDULE. UMMM TRY THE STAIN REMOVER SPRAYY FOR CLOTHES WITH THE RESOVE IT WORKED FOR ME
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• For my darks I use Woolite Dark and for everything else I use All free and clear.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I use All free and clear on all of our clothes except for my husband's uniform. For that I use Woolite. I love the smell of Gain, but my son broke out in a rash when I used it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I use some really yummy smelling Arm& Hammer... I have tried sooo many and this one definetly works and smells the best.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i used xtra. It smells good and is cheap and I like cheap. Try oxi clean for your stains or mean green.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Usually it's whatever is on sale and I have a coupon for. Right now its Purex Coldwater...it works great and saving money on energy.
    HaileyCass

Answer by HaileyCass at 10:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Conklin's Waush, and for stains/grease spots/anything that doesn't wash out the first time, I use Mox to "pretreat". They work better than anything else I've ever used, without any of the harsh chemicals and nasty fillers that are in everything else (including the so-called "free & clear" detergents).
    Anonymous

• Gain is the one I try to buy, but if my wallet is bare, I will buy whatever is cheapest, but I will notice my clothes only come clean with Gain.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2010