Can you have a period while you're pregnant?

Hello. I recently about 3 weeks ago found out that I am pregnant. I'm scheduled to go to the doctor on Monday so I won't know until then how far along I am. However it is very noticeable! I think that I am around three or maybe even four months. I have never had normal periods so missing one or two is not unnormal. However I did have a period about two months ago. I was wondering because of me looking like i'm 4-5 months pregnant if there is anyway that I could of had a period while being pregnant? I don't understand why I'd be showing so much. This is my first pregnancy ever. I'm an average size girl. 5'9 145 so i'm not overweight. However I did have a tummy tuck done back in 2007 so it's been over three years. Does anyone think that this would have anything to do with it. Maybe the muscles didn't stretch out like they were supposed to? Or can you have a period while being pregnant? Any help would be great! Thanks so much!!

jwire26

Asked by jwire26 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can have a period and be pregnant.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• yes u can some women even have one every month. with my first 2 kids i had one for 3 months they were light and only about 3 days long. with my 3rd so far i havnt and im alost 7 weeks. but my friend who is 9 weeks had one at 2 weeks and 6 weeks.and the dr said the baby is fine!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 8:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i had a peroid while i was pergnat so it can happen
    Anonymous

• i had my period for my full pregnancy with my first...
    Anonymous