Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should I handle this?

I live in a large apartment complex and have neighbors who like to party. Normally I just deal with it but today I walked past their apartment (to check the mail) as they were outside drinking beer and using foul language as usual and somebody made a comment about my rear and as I walked back to my apartment I could hear them discussing me using words like "ass" "pussy" and "tits." I will deal with the constant partying but to me they have crossed a line. Is a call to the property management on Monday out of line?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • I'm a cop and if some lady called and said some men made comments to her...I'd go talk to them but I really wouldn't have a lot to go on for criminal charges. Plus if you're concerned about payback for calling the landlord who do you think they are going to think called the COPS about this? Men make stupid comments about women all the time. It's rude and disrespectful but grounds for criminal charges? You would have to talk to your local PD about that.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

  • nope thats rude.. n i wouldnt put up with it

    Answer by Armywifelovely at 8:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • not at all you shouldn't have to live with that kinda stuff..

    Answer by CuteandCurvy at 8:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • Not at all and the police to for the noise. You need to feel safe where you live and they crossed the line - that's not even ghetto or rude that is disrespectful and who wants to live near that

    Answer by 1st_LadyD at 8:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • No! I would have cursed them out! Im sorry but that is wrong! What assholes! Call yes!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • i would...not because of thier partying but only because of what you told us.

    Answer by americansugar80 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • If you can not take it anymore, just move .

    Answer by louise2 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • she should not have to move because of some jerks. you're a better person than me, darlin, I would have use some words to describe them (to their faces) that would also include "ass" and "pussy" but not in the same context they used. Or the mom in me would have gone into my apartment and grabbed some dish soap and made them wash their mouths out. just sayin.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • I would have turned around and said i" I wonder how you bwould feel about someone saying the same vulgar things to your mother daughter or sister...have some respect ! "

    Def contact the management co perhaps they are able to relay to them that it is inappropriate for them to harrass individuals on their property and to keep their partying withing their rented space

    sorry you had to go thru that ...i can't stand when that happens

    Answer by HazyPerception at 8:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

  • yes louise2, another nice and helpful advice from you...NOT

    if someone doesnt like something, they should move huh? is it easier to move yourself because your hubby made a bad comment about your wieght gain or that you have huge boobs? thanks louise2 for another nice comment from you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2010