which car seat to choose??????help me

So my son outgrew his infant seat and now I am looking to buy him a convertible one. First of all he is 16 months old and only weighs 18-20lbs (not sure if he is 20lbs yet since his 15 month appnt). anyways so he is less than 20 or about 20lbs. I want to keep him rear facing as long as possible and in a harness as long as possible. Our babies r us here has a huge sale and the safety 1st complete air and the graco my ride 65 are about 3 dollars apart after coupons so its between those two. the graco my ride 65 goes from 5lbs to 40 lbs rear facing and forward facing up to 65lbs and the complete air by safety first they just came out with as a new safety seat and seems to be a hit with great reviews. the complete air is up to 40lbs rear facing as well but only up to 50lbs forward facing in the harness. I am wondering what I should go with and what do you guys think? let me know if you have either of these and how you like it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I read tons of great reviews about the Graco MyRide. I had every intention of buying the seat, but it was too big for our car. Go to BabiesRUs and they will let you see if a seat fits in your car.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• My 4 yr old son and 10 month old daughter are both in a True Fit by The Learning Curve and I LOVE them - Changing size and things is soooo easy!

http://shop.learningcurve.com/thefirstyears/category/True+Fit?locale=en_US&xcid=googlekw
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Of the 2 I would for sure go with the MyRide... another seat to look at like the previous poster suggested would be the TrueFit.
    I've heard nothing positive about the complete air.... all I have heard is it's not very nice for the cost, it has almost no padding except for the over sized head wings.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I was in the same situation with my son. I did some research on car seats and decided on the Britax Roundabout 50. At 18mos he's 32 in and 23 lbs. Go to this website if you need help
    http://www.viewpoints.com/Car-Seats
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2010