I hide my emotions..

me and my SO got in a huge fight today. and he threatened to end our relationship. he says im cold hearted and hide my emotions inside. i love him very much and want to try to change for the better AND save our relationship, but i really don't know how. any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• If he does not like you for who you are. You shouldn't be with him.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Really hard to advise you here without understanding WHY he says such a thing. Usually my first thought is that the SO has his iwn problems and is trying to blame things on the woman.

You are who you are. If he cannot accept it, it *might* be better to let him go. But again...that's without knowing where this criticism comes from.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Consider marriage counseling.
    Anonymous

• Tell him to accept you as you are or hit the door. You have a right to hide your emotions if you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• try writing a letter to him, sometimes i's easier to write than it is to talk. just a thought.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 9:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• wow- dont listen to the people who say to leave him if he cant accept you. thats just so wrong. i hide my emotions as well- both good and bad. if i dont tell my SO my emotion, then he thinks worst case. not always, but after a while it gets to him and he thinks that he's not pleasing me, when he really is (not just sexually). i hide my fears, dreams (literally- i have rape dreams from a rape a few years ago. they wake me up in the middle of the night, just crying and he has no idea why i'm crying!), any type of problem that i have with him that can be fixed with easy communication... i also hide how much i love him, how much i desire him and all that.

my suggestion? ask him to give you time to get used to opening up. its work. a year for me and i'm STILL working on it! write him letters if its easier, talk on the phone with you guys in seperate rooms, etc. even if its not the raw emotion, talk to him about it afterwards.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2010