Ever heard this old wives tale?

I started cleaning parts of my kitchen out of the blue, my mother has been coming to clean my house so I can rest, and she said that I was going to have the baby tonight since I was cleaning everything, lol have you ever heard of that? I haven't so I'm curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did the nesting thing a couple of weeks before my son was born. What didn't help my situation, is I'm a hotel housekeeper, so I couldn't tell if it was "nesting" or "work mode" lol. Congratulations and good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Its called Nesting...I started nesting about a week before I had both of my kids. Its like an overwhelming urge to clean and rearrange. Your gettin close...good luck and early congrats
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• It's called "nesting". some women clean excessively during the last trimester of their pregnancy but it doesn't necessarily mean that the baby will pop out in a day or two. Some women even "nest" from month one...i'm a "neat-freak" and i started nesting early
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 9:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I baked a cake the week my son was born. I kept thinking "When will this nesting thing kick in- my house is a wreck!" (I actually was nesting earlier, by organizing the baby's things and cleaning out clutter, but I didn't clean ANYTHING) suddenly, the day before I went into labor, I baked this layered chocolate cake. After he was born we were at the hospital and I sent SO home to shower and bring me my cake- ALL of it! LOL! Good luck!!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I been cleaning for the past month. I organized her closet and washed all her clothes. Everything is done. Shes due this Sunday so we'll see LOL.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2010