How Do You Plan to Change the World in 2010??

What small steps are you going to take to better yourself and the world this year?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not going to change the world, I'm going to change myself. It's not a new years resolution, it's an everyday resolution.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• well..i'm not sure how this will affect the world, but i am sincerely going to work on opening myself up. i tend to be rather closed-off, keep to myself. i've been accused of being 'anti-social'..most people who see me during the day, clientele/co-workers, would beg to differ, as i'm 'on stage' while i'm working, and they'd never believe i can't stand being in a crowd or group discussion...IN PERSON!!! one-on-one is what my job is all about, so that's covered a multitude of insecurities.
    anyhoo, i vow to put myself 'out there' in 2010. i've already started by joining a group for weight/fitness..and we had to be totally honest with what we considered our physical flaws, and goals. (well, its a FB group, but still..its a start, and i told everyone on my FB status/link...small start!)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• As with every year since I first learned I was pregnant (1977), my primary focus will be to support my children to develop into the best people they can be. There is no investment of time & energy which carries a similar benefit to the world for decades into the future. Noble, upstanding, and happy adults lift themselves and everyone in their lives.

(... and conversely, children who grow up into confused, unhappy or even destructive adults are a drag on their community and their families ! )

Moral/ religious principles helped guide our parenting, but we also studied child development (esp. Waldorf ideas), nutrition, et al to enhance their lives and facilitate their successes

They're now grown, but I can continue to support them emotionally and roll up my sleeves whenever someone gets injured and has to stay in bed, a new baby is born, someone is moving to a new place, someone is looking for a job or making a major decision
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I'm reopening my group One Day of Peace on here....I am working on something bigger in relation to it, but mum's the word. THis year I am really feeling the urge to help promote peace and tolerance....and I am hoping to imbue that in my everday real life world. Of course....I think it will be particularly challenging on HERE because the moms and topics discussed on CM are so diverse and.....emotional!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Continue working with Cumberland Valley Habitat for Humanity to build at least 4 houses in the community. And maybe even be nice to people :-)
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Sign up to be a foster adoptive parent.
    Anonymous

• step up my prayer life to pray for the end to abortion, sex trade trafficking and anything else God calls me to intercede for.
    To continue to grow in Christ so I can be affective in sharing His love to those who do not know His love and to be all He wants me to be for as I am His I will affect the world by the way I act, react and share His heart.
    Happy New Year and I warmly welcome 2010 and the beginning of a new decade!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• resolutions are as follows (in order): graduate from Continental S.O.B., get a good job, find a new (nice) place to live, quit smoking, and loose 15 pounds.

as for more personality change resolutions I plan to make: continue trying to be the best mom I can be to my daughter, being a stronger more independent woman, making a better example of myself, for my daughter to follow. The best thing to give the world is what is your childrens future.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I plan to change the world the only way I can: one smile at a time, one deep breath at a time, one kind word at a time, one compassionate act at a time, one mindful moment at at time.

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2010

• Donate more, help more, pray more. smile more.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2010