to go or not to go....

My boyfriends parents just invited us to go out of town with them they are leaving tommorrow afternoon the thing is my boyfriend is suppose to work sunday but off monday and tuesday it is a fast food place but he has only called in once and has worked there for about a year. (other people are calling in all the time) the question is should he call in and act sick or should he just ask if they could get someone else to come in and hope they say yes or she we just not go at all?? my 4 year old really wants to go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You shouldn't have said anything to the little one before you knew for sure you could go. I think he should call and see if someone else can take his shifts. Calling and lying about being sick is very immature, and if anything were to happen and his work found out, he'd likely get fired. Be a grown up and if they say no they can't find someone to work then you stay home. When you take a job you have a responsibility to your employers, whether it's a fast food place or a hospital or a firehall....KWIM?
    Anonymous

• ask for the day off
    Anonymous

• I would just ask off from work or see if someone could cover his shift. How far away are they going out of town? If it is not far, then I say, have him ask for the day off and if they say no, then he can join y'all after his shift on Sunday and still have Monday and Tuesday to spend there too.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• i think it more better if you lined up someone to work his shift. if you called in sick you'd for sure get the day off but i think the boss would consider it more appropriate if he called in.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Call in, have someone already lined up to come in for him. they shoudl appreciate that you have considered them and made arrangemetns to be sure they are not left short handed. I know when i was at sonic i would have appreciated that a lot more than those "i'm sick and cant' come in" calls that i knew were total bs.
    btw, in the future, only tell the little one about definite plans.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2010